3 Ways We Give Back to Local Communities
How we're paying it forward in your area - and how you can help.
Giving back to our community is more than an act of social responsibility, it’s a source of pride for our entire membership. Every day, we pay it forward to help promote the housing industry and make Wisconsin an even better place to live, work, and thrive. Let’s take a closer look at three ways our loyal members help us make a difference in local communities in your area.
1. Promote the residential construction industry
Our philanthropic arm, the Wisconsin Builders Foundation, strives to advance the residential construction industry by providing training, education, and high ethical standards to the housing industry.
What we do:
- Host an annual golf outing fundraiser to raise scholarship money for trade students
- Partner with Seventhwave to produce the Better Buildings: Better Business Conference that provides continuing education opportunities to tradespersons
- Award scholarships to Wisconsin students in or entering an institution of higher learning in the building trades
- Raise funds earmarked for purchasing tools for high school programs in the La Crosse and Sheboygan areas
- Collaborate with Department of Public Instruction in creating a career path curriculum for students interested in the building trades
Our efforts address the trades labor shortage and ensure that the availability, affordability, and the housing industry as a whole remains strong in the state...
A member login is required to read more & post comments. Interested in helping us make a difference in The Badger State? Join today and get involved! As a WBA member, you’ll gain access to exclusive member-only content while also making a powerful impact on the future of Wisconsin housing industry and beyond.